Monday, May 31, 2010

The Joys of Summer



The past couple of weeks, I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying the beginning of summer. Since my position at work was eliminated in mid-May, I’ve been on the job hunt all while “catching up” on life. While I was sad to leave my job and I miss my co-workers, volunteers and collegiate women, I do LOVE all of the positives of not working! I’ve been working since I was 16, so a little break is well deserved and in no particular order, here are my favorites of the summer…
I love to organize, so I’ve cleaned out and organized every closet, cabinet and drawers in the house. It’s been fun to clean everything out and start “fresh.”
The pool…ahh, how I love the pool!!! Feeling the warm sun on your skin and chillin’ out in my sit ‘n float at the pool is one of the most relaxing activities of the summer. Whether you’re having a good day or bad, the pool is sure to put a smile on your face!
Sleeping in – I’m a person who is accustomed to getting up and starting my day, but I’m taking advantage of sleeping in while I can. You’re probably thinking, “She’s pretty lucky to be sleeping ‘til noon.” For me, sleeping in is about 9 am!
Reading is one of the most relaxing activities a person can do and I’m catching up on many of the books that have been on “my list” for quite some time. If I keep this speed up, I’ll need to get a job tomorrow for my visits to Barnes & Noble.
Spending time with my friends – because I traveled so much with my position at Alpha Xi Delta, I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to spend time with my friends. Let’s just say, that in 6 years, I achieved Platinum status on American 5 out of 6 years and I’ve flown nearly 750,000 miles! While I truly enjoyed the free upgrades to first class (and the free wine) and not paying for checked baggage, I’m thrilled to be in Cincinnati for when my bestie, Michele, delivers baby #3!!!
Establishing a regular workout again – whether it’s working out on the Wii or walking Francis Park, the regular workouts feel good and have been a nice boost at my weekly weigh-ins at Weight Watchers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great start to summer! Glad you are enjoying some Jen time :)

Oh, and thank your team for whooping the cubs this weekend :) I appreciate it :)