Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a slight addiction to shopping. Some friends even suggest that I should become a personal shopper -- what a better way to shop, but not spend your own money! The only downside I see with that job is that all of the shopping bags go to someone else's home, not mine.
On Valentine's Day, Marty the pup and I went to Four Muddy Paws -- a cute little dog store in Lafayette Square. Marty wasn't a huge fan but as we were leaving I discovered my new favorite local St Louis shop! Not only do I LOVE TO SHOP, I have a tendency to favor local shops in the city. There's nothing as great as making friends with the store owner, learning their story and spending money locally (don't get me wrong, my addiction to Target will never go away). This new "find" was the inspiration for my newest post today...Happy Shopping!
Looking Glass Design is the store in Lafayette Square that is my new fave! It's owned by a former Wash U professor (who happens to be an Alpha Phi) and the store is amazing! The store has such unique handmade jewelry, monogrammed handbags and great gifts for family, friends or if you are like me, presents for moi! I've been there twice this week.
Down By the Station in Kirkwood is a long standing favorite especially for their 20% off Sundays including Vera Bradley! This is how my Vera collection began and continues to expand. I'm headed there this Sunday and Vera just released 4 new patterns - watch out!
Another Kirkwood favorite is Vellum -- THE place for your invitation needs. My good friend and sorority sister, Danielle, got me hooked on this store. If I'm the hostess with the mostest for a party, shower or backyard bbq, this is the first place I'm headed. This store is a little piece of stationary heaven!
The Initial Design in Webster Groves and Provence Boutique in Ladue are also favorites of mine. Initial Design is the place to go if you need personalized gifts. Provence is also another Vera carrier (minus the 20% off) and carries anything related to France.
A family friend told me about Cat's Meow in Manchester recently. I haven't had the chance to make it there yet, but you never know where my shopping will take me! Stay Tuned!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment