Thursday, April 1, 2010

Call 911, I'm addicted to Reality TV

I admit it, I'm addicted and I foresee an intervention in my future. I can't explain what I love about reality TV or  what draws me to the shows, but I love it! Maybe its the "fantasy aspect" of looking in the life of a celebrity (Tori & Dean or The Hills -when LC was the main character, not Kristin). Perhaps its the motivational and inspirational piece of the shows -- The Biggest Loser. Every week, I cheer on the teams I love (pink, grey) and yelling at the teams I can't stand (red). Watching BL inspires me to workout hard and longer!

I first became addicted with The Real World back in '92 and I've been hooked since then. While I'm not a huge Real World fan anymore, its what got me addicted and is considered the original reality TV show. So many of the shows allow me (and I'm sure many others) a chance to "escape" from life for a few minutes. All of us are crazy busy with work, family, friends and life in general and need a little escape everyone once in a while.

Some of my fave shows are:
Biggest Loser -- See above but the product placement promos are a little cheesy Bob & Jillian!
Project Runway  -- Fierce,  as Christian would say!
Big Brother -- How I love Jeff & Jordan!
LA Ink -- Every time I watch it, I have a desire to get a tattoo
Intervention & Hoarders -- Makes me realize my life is pretty nice compared to the people on the show. However, it's like watching a train wreck -- you just can't stop watching it!
Top Chef -- I've learned so much about cooking and I do love Sam from season 2. Too bad he's married now!
Bachelor -- Can you really find love on TV? Um, No! One day, Jake will realize that!
Bachelorette -- See the comments about Bachelor but you gotta love when an Alpha Xi Delta is on the show (Jen Schefft)
Amazing Race -- Not only do I have the opportunity to "visit" places that are on my "vacation to do list" but I love to learn all the cool facts and history about the places the racers are visiting!
Chelsea Lately -- I'm a new addict to this talk show, but I can't stop laughing! Chelsea's sassy comments, her comedian round table make me laugh so hard that I start to cry and Chuy all make me LOVE this show. I can't wait to read her books!
Tori & Dean -- Always a Beverly Hills 90210 fan and Candy Spelling is a bit off her rocker!
Celebrity Apprentice -- This season is a hit with Sharon Osborne, Bret Michaels and cutie pie, Curtis Stone.
Celebrity Rehab/Sober House -- Similar to the Intervention/Hoarders comment, it's such a great show plus, who doesn't love Dr. Drew!
Kendra/Girls Next Door -- I'm talking GND when Holly, Bridget and Kendra were on -- classic!
Kardashians -- I love the fights, drama and fashion of the sisters!
Platinum Weddings/Rich Bride, Poor Bride/Bridezillas or any other wedding show -- I love weddings, wedding planning and everything that comes along with it!

2 comments:

Elizabeth and Mark said...

Okay, if you haven't seen 16 and Pregnant on MTV, it's a must. I'm sure you'll add it to your list. I'm so tempted to tape all of them and make G watch them when she's 13! Love your blog :)

JenniferGianino said...

Both of those are DVR'd on a weekly basis and yes, I enjoy both of them. There are times I want to scream and tell them that the guy will never grow up and be responsible!