Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over with Heart Sunshine

I am a very lucky person...I have a wonderful family,friends that have become my family, my education, my health and all of the pretty cool things I've been able to experience and do in my life so far! 

I am a proud member of Alpha Xi Delta and she has truly shaped me into the woman I am today. Yesterday, Alpha Xi Delta celebrated it's birthday -- 117 years old and we still look pretty hot and sassy! In honor of Cora, Lewie and all of the other founders of the Fraternity, I spent the day in Cape Girardeau with my Gamma Nu Sisters. During this trip, we were lucky enough to have the one and only Ginny Carroll speak to us about the "gift" that we have been given as members of Alpha Xi. 

During Ginny's presentation, she asks us what is our most proud Alpha Xi Delta moment. This is a tough one because I've had so many fun, exciting and memorable moments since I joined at the tender age of 18. Outlining all of the proud and fun moments would become lengthy and quite possibly divulge a few too many crazy things I did in college. 

But Ginny's reminder forces me to choose one moment and for me, that would be the opportunity I have been afforded to meet so many talented and wonderful Sisters. Whether that was during my undergraduate time at SEMO, during my volunteer years, as an alum when you randomly notice a woman sporting Alpha Xi Delta letters at Target or at the airport or the chance I have had over the past six years as a staff member of the Fraternity. I always knew that Alpha Xi Delta was bigger than my "bubble" that I lived in college and that notion came to fruition when I joined our professional staff. 

I've met so many sisters at convention, as volunteers or through the work I've done with the Fraternity. There are too many women to acknowledge or to count, but all of you know who you are. These women have laughed and cried with me, supported me during difficult times and inspired me. I have learned so much from all of these women and will always carry a piece of them in my heart. 

To all of my sisters young and old, may Alpha Xi Delta inspire and shape you into the woman I have become today. Heart Sunshine!!!








No comments: